How To Draw A Dinosaur
Updated: Mar 28, 2020
Hello there, today we are going to be learning how to draw a dinosaur! I'm going to take you step by step through drawing your dinosaur with pictures and descriptions. Right then, let's get too it!
1. Firstly, we will draw a rectangle shape. This will be the Dinosaurs head so it doesn't need to be perfectly square
2. Then we need to git the dinosaur a body and tail. It's a bit of a strange shape we need to draw, but you will end up with the shape above. It looks like an elf shoe or the letter "J"with a pointy end.
3. To make the dinosaurs belly we draw another line along the bottom of our shape, following up the dinosaurs chest and joins back into the other shape under its head.
4. Time to start on the legs. The dinosaurs legs are made of a rectangular shape with zig-zags of the dinosaurs claws. As the leg is in from of the Dinosaur's belly, we will need to do some erasing of our previous lines here.
5. Next we will add the dinosaurs second leg. We do this using the same shape as last time.
6. For the dinosaurs arms we are going to use two curved lines with a zig-zag line for the its claws.
7. We are going to use the same shape for the dinosaurs second arm.
8. We are going to start adding some details now. Here we added some spikes on the dinosaurs back, two nostrils, a zig-zag for the mouth. We also added two bumps on the top of the dino's head, with two circles inside for his eyes.
9. Finally, we add little scales for some detail. These can be drawn with little "U" shapes. We also gave the dino pupils in its eyes and finished the mouth with a line across the top of the zig-zag. There we go, we're done!
Great job on getting this far, I hope you have enjoyed drawing your dinosaur. I have made a PDF worksheet for you to download, print off and keep if you would like. To find the worksheet click here to go to the resources page on my website. I hope you found this useful and had fun!